The Stone 11th anniversary ale is marketed as an IPA. Except it's black. The aroma is smokey. It's high in alcohol. It's bitter. And it's good. I've noticed that I give every beer a good rating. Last week I put a PBR pounder in a glass and it tasted great. I like beer.
3 comments:
Pete,
Cloudy, I believe, is essential to a strong IPA. Clear = shitty hop brews. I like Stone brew, but am unable to get them here. What did you think of the Anniversary Stone? Hopslam?
Not yet sure that cloudy implies good.
Stone is very, very good. Hopslam also is good. The hopslam has a clean flavor, hoppy aroma and high alcohol content. Bell's is the best beer, that I can buy in PA.
The frustrating thing in PA is that good beer can be bought, but it can only be bought in cases, bloody blue laws.
About cloudiness, what I am saying, I guess, is that haze is a signal of the ingredients a brewery is using, but not something a beer should strive for.
Post a Comment