Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paraguayan Wood is Good


Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron is fantastic. Pours deep and super dark with a creamy lacing reminiscent of a fine stout. Smells similar to Devil Over a Barrel with some hints of vanilla. Taste is rich sticky molasses, brown sugar, oaky, and whiskey. Great mouthfeel. The strange thing about this beer is that it incorporates all that is is good with Browns, Belgians, and Stouts, is very potent, but hides it extremely well in the taste. A real treat.

A+

6 comments:

피터 said...

I want one.

Chris Ferguson said...

I think they should be making their way to shelves...I've seen them in 2 or 3 stores now. Let me know if you can't find 'em and I'll send some/save some for you.

Barry's description was very good I thought.

피터 said...

a dogfish barry likes. Someone save one for me. How'd the starter turn out?

My micro iipa is bubbling now so I will let it go for a while.

Auto siphon and new ingredients arrived today. Looking forward to brew on Sunday.

Barry said...

The fermenter is bubbling nicely and I have high hopes for the work being done by this yeast. I'd say this beer is highly experimental, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Let me know how the new batch goes.

Barry said...

Hey Pete,
I have some nice bubbling a slightly thick head at four days in. Is this good? I'm thinking this yeast is extremely active.

피터 said...

Sounds good. Post a picture. Are you deciding when to rack?