Boy did I need a beer when I got home today. 12 hours straight of econ for me, including teaching my own class, auditing a class, and teaching one of my friend's 3 hour classes. Desperate times call for Hoppin' Frogs. Hoppin' Frog "Hoppin' to Heaven" IPA. This was a REALLY good IPA by my standards. Very flavorful, but that flavor was both hoppy and malty in the balanced way I like. Almost more of an imperial flavor to me, but actually better than the Hoppin' Frog Imperial as reviewed here. Hoppin' Frog has now found a place on my "most preferred brewery" list and will warrent trials of all available flavors/styles in the upcoming days. My favorite regular IPA of recent memory and a definite winner I would expect everyone here would like. 4.5/5
Edit: In reviewing old posts, it seems my view of "recent memory" probably goes back about a week. There were a number of IPA's I seemed to have liked including New Holland, Flying Dog, and Odell 2-3 weeks ago that I basically have no specific memory of and can't compare to this. Sorry. I can say with certainty that this one is good though and I like it.
1 comment:
I want to drink this!
Post a Comment