I got a couple of bagels and some juice for breakfast today at one of my preferred bagel establishments (Also the BBC-Bloomington Bagel CO., not to be confused with Bloomington Brewing CO. or Bluegrass Brewing Co.) The service was bad and the bagel-ist was talking to her friends instead of serving me properly, so when I gave her a $10 for my $7.20 bill, I received $7.20 in change instead of 2.80. I started to walk away thinking it served her right for poor service (she didn't even slice my bagels or spread the cream cheese-she gave me a little cup of it on the side?!?!) but thought better of it and turned around to correct her mistake.
This seems to happen to me about once every 2 or 3 months and I seem to react differently every time (I'm not always good-especially at a bar. I feel like a bar is the wild west and every man for himself. I also oddly seem more likely to keep it the more it is, which is very wrong. My best bar experience ever was when I gave a 20 and got change for a 50 back on a $6 tab-it was too loud and crazy there to attempt to fix it, so I left a $5 tip and walked away). Thoughts? My prediction: Duane keeps the change, Barry gives it back and Pete *almost* always gives it back. Or, possibly Duane always gives it back and I'm the only one who considers not giving it back.
2 comments:
Most of the time I would give it back. If the overage is above $5, then I would always give it back.
I am touched Chris. I would give it back as well.
Post a Comment