Thursday, May 1, 2008

Patience Rewarded


Well, I've given Breckenridge the benefit of the doubt over the years and tried virtually all of their crap-tacular offerings. Today my patience and stubbornness was finally rewarded. Breckenridge 471 Small Batch Double IPA. This is *very* Hopslam-ish and a fantastic double IPA. It has the sweet finish of a Hopslam, but slighty less so with slighty more hop presence. I'm guessing all of us would like this, and especially Barry and Duane would go for this one, as it seems to address their misgivings about the 'slam without sacrificing the amazingness. I'll pick up a couple more of these for June if they still have them next time I go back. This is truly one of my favorite beers of the spring. Now I feel dumb that I didn't get the Oak version (aged in Wild Turkey barrels) when I was in Denver. Live and learn. 4.8/5

Two good beer days in a row. Score.

1 comment:

Barry said...

That's impressive, as I have no real misgivings with the Slam