Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sometimes the free beer is best left in the fridge

New Belgium Fat Tire - If there was ever a more blah beer, I would be be surprised. I'm with Barry in agreeing that most Ambers are gross. This one isn't gross, but just tasteless. 1.3/5

10 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

I concur. Although I've had it on tap and it was better somehow. The last one I had was out of a hotel mini-bar and was awful, but who knows how long it had been in there.

피터 said...

I do agree, with the one exception being the Troegs Hopback Amber Ale. Solid.

I changed the layout of the blog to show only the last 15 posts because my old computer was having trouble loading.

You got problem vit dat?

Chris Ferguson said...

I liked that copper ale from near Pete's house also...dont know if copper counts as amber

Chris Ferguson said...

No problem from me. Seems like a good idea

milwaukeeclassic said...

Also, the Ale Asylum Ambergeddon is also pretty good...and the Great Lakes Eliot Ness isn't bad either.

Barry said...

I believe that ALL Red beers sucks royally. Some exceptions exist in the amber and copper category. Red beers taste like licking the inside of a paint can....which I do often.

피터 said...

Red beer = bad beer.

milwaukeeclassic said...

I'm bringing a red beer to Beerfest that might break the mold. AleSmith Yulesmith Imperial Red Ale. I've never had it, but we'll give a shot in June.

Barry said...

Duane, how are you getting AlesMITH BEER?

milwaukeeclassic said...

I got from the online place that we just ordered from. I think this was the only one they had.