Stout #1: Bell's Cherry Stout. Very sour, very cherry flavored. Odd cherry aftertaste that was like a chocolate cherry bon-bon or something along those lines. Kind of gimmicky, but actually not horrible. I think I would try it again, but I didn't love it. Not as good as some of the blueberry stouts I've had in the past. 3/5
Duane did not lead me astray with this one. Previous reports were actually under-exaggerated, and this is a great beer.
One of the best imperial stouts I've ever had. The oatmeal aspect of it took the edge off and turned this into a nearly chuggable Imp stout...a far cry from an Ol' Raspy. I'm not sure where I put this with the list of my favorites (Yeti and Stone Russian...also still want to try the Storm King), but it is right there even at least. 4.5/5
4 comments:
B.O.R.I.S. is fantastic! I'm going to stop by the brewery on my way back to Cincy in June. Hopefully I can pick up some hard to find brew for us to try.
Awesome. See if you can buy a whole Oak Barrel full of Boris (or even the IPA)
Tomorrow's review will be the Hoppin Frog Belgian, and there is also a Wheat and Black & Tan variety that I have yet to try. Seems like quite the brewery.
Hoppin' Frog should also be at the Great Taste of the Midwest if you need any further encouragement to come (they were there last year...this years' brewer list is not up yet)
I very much would like to sample their beers
Post a Comment