Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another day, another good Imperial Stout

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout - I almost titled this thread "Best beer ever to come out of a can". I'm not sure why Oskar Blues cans instead of bottles, but who am I to argue if it is good. Good tastes of chocolate and nice oily palate. This is probably the heaviest bodied beer I've ever had. At 90 IBUs, there is good bitterness for the hop types and huge malts to satisfy me. Top notch. It will be added to the Beerfest list shortly. Probably a little better than the Storm King, but I need a head-to-head battle to tell for sure.

4.6/5


4 comments:

Barry said...

Wow! A run for the KIng's money? Knowing that beer gives you such a woody, I'd say that's pretty impressive!

Buck said...

Wazzup y'all? This is Duane and Chris' friend Buck from Wake. Thought I would let y'all know that I am going to a Beer Dinner tomorrow night at a restaurant here in DC called Brasserie Beck. At the dinner, we will be drinking various vintages of Hurlimann Samichlaus, which is brewed in Zurich. We will also be drinking from the last keg in existence of the 1997 vintage.

But have any of y'all tried this beer (of any vintage)? I've never heard of it. I've read some reviews online, but thought maybe one of you has had it.

Chris Ferguson said...

What's up Buck? I haven't had it but is sounds good.

How is D.C. life treating you? Katie and I might be coming that way in August-I'll let you know when I find out for sure...would definitely like to hang out with you guys while we're there.

Buck said...

DC life is good. Got to see the Duanes for a few hours over Mem. Day weekend.

Let me know when in August you plan on being around. We will be in Asheville at some point in the middle of August, but I'm not 100% sure when. But if the timing all works out we definitely need to get together.