Saturday, May 10, 2008

Denver Battle of the Double IPAs

Second round Denver...

Great Divide Hercules Double IPA vs. Stone Ruination IPA



vs.

This one was absolutely no contest. I think the problem is that I just don't like Stone's IPAs. The Arrogant Bastard varieties and the Imperial Russian Stout are great. But the IPAs (both the regular IPA and the Ruination) taste too soapy to me. I don't know if it is the variety of hops or what.

On a positive the Hercules was outstanding. Nicely balanced and no soap taste.

Great Divide Hercules Double IPA - 4.7/5
Stone Ruination IPA - 3.5/5

3 comments:

Barry said...

I was extremely interested in this battle. I am saddened that this, much like the golf pairings, may end in a slaughter. I still want to rate Stone IPA'S, despite Duane's disappointments.

Am I the only person excited about the golf?

milwaukeeclassic said...

I think it may just be my problem in not liking the Stone IPAs. Everyone else seems to rave about them.

Chris Ferguson said...

Up with Golf. Down with homework.