Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA
This beer meets two important criteria:
1) Best beer I've ever drunk
2) Most drunk I've ever been after a beer
So, this beer has single handedly changed my dinner plans from take-out to delivery. At 21% alcohol. this packs a punch (and is therefore requiring significant editing during this typing session). If you ever see this beer, buy every one they have in the store, regardless of price. If a second mortgage is required, call the bank and do what you have to do to buy all of these. I don't know how they spend that extra half hour, but however it is, I'm not sure it should be legal.
I came home after a fairly exhausting summer-school-Friday ready for a nice beer. This particular beer is socking it to me, in a good way. This is like a Hopslam, with twice the hop flavor (still tasty and balanced, not bitter) and twice the alcohol. Best of all worlds unless you are a state trooper, who would probably not agree. I'm going back whenever the liquor store opens tomorrow and buying all of these that they have, even though they are like $9 a 12 oz. The single greatest beer I've ever imbibed. I will try to save one or two for beerfest, but in all honesty I'm not sure I have the willpower. 10/5
9 comments:
Always wanted to try one. I remember seeing one at 4 Star Liquors in Madison.... for $18 a bottle. So you got a good deal.
I bought all 8 they had today. I have locked four away so we can each have one in June. I should warn you though, this may ruin all other beer for you forever after. If you can figure out how to make a Sposborth equivalent of this, you will be a millionaire (from selling them to me alone).
You sound totally drunk in that post.
Your mom sounds totally drunk
Quite a review. I saw one today and thought about this blog. Thanks for buying these. I'm not sure when/where/how this should be drunk.
I had another one last night. It was still great
See today's review...here comes the 120 minutes big brother
Just tried this for the first time tonight on an empty stomach (and before I got on a 90 conf call). definitely could tell that I had some drinks. And I must say, that while IPA's aren't my most favorite beer, this is exceptional. Luckily my local liquor store carries it by the case... but at $9.99 per 12oz it could hurt a bit.
Buy all the cases...they are only available like one month a year I think. You'll thank me in December when you're sitting pretty with a stash.
Post a Comment