Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm out of witty Frog comments

This is a leftover post from yesterday, but rest assured the beer was fresh.
Hoppin' Frog take 4. Golden Fraug. Another Frog, another winner. This was, actually much to my surprise, one of my favorite Belgians of recent weeks. For some reason, from the name I was expecting something light and wattery...possibly Hoegarden-esque, so I was pleasantly surprised when I started pouring and saw some amber goodness. Then I took a sip, and was proven correct. This was quite good...it had some spice flavor and body, although not tons, and definitely had some alcohol kick. Katie pronounced me "wrecked" after I downed the bottle...I would argue that was a gross overstatement, but there was at least a grain of truth there. This was a great beer. 4.5/5

Hoppin' Frog recap:
Boris Oatmeal Imp Stout=great
Hoppin' to Heaven IPA=great
Mean Manalishi Imp IPA=good
Golden Fraug Belgian=great

Pretty impressive. Many thanks to Duane for introducing us to these. I think now I'm going to try the Wheat and the Black & Tan, which I had no interest in, but which I feel compelled to at least sample. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

피터 said...

The black and tan is intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to its newsletter.