Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ithaca Cascazilla

An ex-ellent 4/5.

Today was the day of my students' final exam. I hope they did well. The grading is done except for the multiple choice section portion. To relax after grading, I stopped by Zeno's (home of the Belgian fest) to relax. The tattooed bartender was there (looking sexy), but she doesn't like IPA's so she's not completely perfect. She did offer free samples of Cascazilla and Hoptimas Prime (both on tap at Zeno's!) and in the taste test Cascazilla was the clear winner. So I ordered a pint.

Zeno's also offers a Troegs' cask-conditioned Hop Devil which I will review tomorrow. Considering that they also offer live bluegrass on Wednesday's I will now state that Zeno's is the best bar in State College.

5 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

Maybe she doesn't like IPA's because she's never had a Sposborth...I'd go for the invite back to your place for a taste test.

Also, Hoptimus Prime is currently #1 on my favorite name list, passing the recently crowned Tricerahops which I've placed in order with Duane for.

Chris Ferguson said...

Also, on the subject of teaching, today was day 1 of summer school for me. I'm jealous that you're finishing the day I start.

Barry said...

You college kids finish RIDICULOUSLY early.......I am jealous

피터 said...

Summer school? Brutal.

Zeno's also has Hoppin' Frog Mean Manalishi. I'll try that too.

Chris Ferguson said...

The mean manalishi I thought was ok, but not as good as the regular IPA