Duane's mounting frustration with the parade of IPA's I've rated lately has led me to branch out a bit the last day or two. His endorsement of the Sprecher Black Bavarian made me try this one out. I'll be honest...I'm not crazy about it, but it does improve as it warms up. Doesn't measure up to the Shoreline Bavarian Schwarz I had. Kind of has a dirty porter, burnt toast kind of flavor, but that seems to dissipate a bit as I let it sit and breath (I feel like a tool using that phrase) and more chocolately-caramel-toffee sorts of flavors come out. Not gross, but I'm not sure if I'd reach for this one again. 2.6/5
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Just for Duane
Duane's mounting frustration with the parade of IPA's I've rated lately has led me to branch out a bit the last day or two. His endorsement of the Sprecher Black Bavarian made me try this one out. I'll be honest...I'm not crazy about it, but it does improve as it warms up. Doesn't measure up to the Shoreline Bavarian Schwarz I had. Kind of has a dirty porter, burnt toast kind of flavor, but that seems to dissipate a bit as I let it sit and breath (I feel like a tool using that phrase) and more chocolately-caramel-toffee sorts of flavors come out. Not gross, but I'm not sure if I'd reach for this one again. 2.6/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
While not an elite beer, this is worth way more than a 2.6.
Post a Comment