Went to the Upland brewpub tonight to finally try their new Infinite Wisdom Tripel. After the Bloomington Brewing experience/debacle, my hopes were very low for this Belgian. One of the most pleasant surprises in recent Indiana beer history. This was legitimately great. One of my favorite Trips I've ever had (in my limited, non-Belgium visiting experience). It was pretty dark and thick for a Tripel, nice and candy sugary without being gross, very strong, and just plain excellent. Reminded me more of a quad. Huzzah Upland. They also have a new Maibock I want to try but couldn't drag myself away from the Trip. If this is still on tap in June, I will be dragging everyone there to try it. 4.6/5
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Up with Upland
Went to the Upland brewpub tonight to finally try their new Infinite Wisdom Tripel. After the Bloomington Brewing experience/debacle, my hopes were very low for this Belgian. One of the most pleasant surprises in recent Indiana beer history. This was legitimately great. One of my favorite Trips I've ever had (in my limited, non-Belgium visiting experience). It was pretty dark and thick for a Tripel, nice and candy sugary without being gross, very strong, and just plain excellent. Reminded me more of a quad. Huzzah Upland. They also have a new Maibock I want to try but couldn't drag myself away from the Trip. If this is still on tap in June, I will be dragging everyone there to try it. 4.6/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds nice, except for maibock which is disgusting
Post a Comment