For the last 3 months, these glorious bottles of Rogue have been calling to me for a purchase. Despite the $12 price tag, I just couldn't pass this one up. Rogue Imperial IPA. The store also has a barleywine and imperial stout in the same bottles which I may give in and try as well. Duane has previously reviewed the stout here.
This is a pretty solid Imp IPA. It is very hoppy, and not super malty, so I would compare it to a Dreadnought or a Stone Ruination. (aka...a Walsh hop bomb) I liked it though. Not quite to the Hopslam level but a solid 4.5. I just wish there was more to the flavor than just hops (but at least it is "hoppy" not "bitter" like whatever the last IPA I reviewed was...I refuse to grant it the satisfaction of looking it up again). 4.5/5
ps...handy tip: the little red ring that forms the seal on a bottle like this (or a Grolsch) can double as a strap-lock for your guitar. You never know when this will come in handy (for me, it was when Jeff's strap broke in the middle of a set in Barcelona, but your own examples may be more or less exciting). I suspect it would also add some "indy cred" to your Guitar Hero guitars for those of you who don't have real ones.
1 comment:
I want to drink this as well.
Duane, any word on possible date of beer delivery? I am salivating at the thought.
Post a Comment