Thursday, May 15, 2008

Southern Tier Part Deux


Southern Tier's IPA is another beer from this brewery with some dumbass nonsensical label claim. What is an iso-alpha acid experience? This beer smalls great upon poor, but the color is almost perfectly clear.....in my opinion, a bad sign for an IPA. It tastes pretty good, likes some hops and some caramel, and a bit fizzy and tingly on the tongue. I drank it in ten minutes. It good, that's it.

3.8/5

5 comments:

피터 said...

On clarity: Hopslam is clear, no?

The alpha acids in hops are responsible for bitterness. (I think.)

Barry said...

Is that translated as IBU's?

Chris Ferguson said...

I would call hopslam kind of cloudy, or at least not perfectly clear. I don't think if I held up a newspaper behind a class I could read it very well...but I will try that very thing and report back.

피터 said...

I probably have it backwards but alpha is for bittering and beta is for aroma. IBU is bitterness; there isn't a standard for aroma.

Barry said...

Hopslam is nearly orange in color....this looked like Bud Light