Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Funktastic

Struise Struiselensis - I would best describe this as a Belgian funk ale. This one is brewed with Brettanomyces wild yeast and Pediococus Cervisae lactic acid producing bacteria. The aroma is outstanding...tart and lemony.

I personally love the taste of lambic beer and this is a great hybrid between a Belgian blond ale and a pure lambic. The lactic acid gives it a sour taste and the wild yeast provides a nice dry finish. And no hops whatsoever :)

4.4/5

6 comments:

milwaukeeclassic said...

FYI...the picture on the label is a microscopic picture of the yeast :)

Barry said...

No hops! There must be some mistake. I cannot fathom such a world.

milwaukeeclassic said...

It does have 20 IBUs :)

Carey said...

I liked this one a lot, definitely a tamer version of a lambic.

피터 said...

Go lambic

Chris Ferguson said...

Make way for grapefruit!