Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another fresh hop beer


Following up on Duane's entry, I had this the other night on tap at a new Brasserie in B-town: Two Brother's Heavy Handed. This was a stellar beer. I didn't know what it was till I got home and looked it up. I had assumed it was an imperial IPA...it's very malty like a 90 minute or a double dog. One of the most flavorful IPA's I've ever had I think. It was like chewing a beer. I'm hoping to find it in bottles, but might have to go back and get another few draft pints as well. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite beer styles. A+

6 comments:

Barry said...

I wouldn't classify Heavy Handed as a Fresh Hop or harvest Ale....it's just a regular old IPA

Chris Ferguson said...

Do you mean it doesn't taste like one? Because it definitely is technically one...here's the description:

Heavy Handed IPA is brewed to celebrate the harvesting of the
hops every year. Within moments of harvest we add freshly picked
"Wet Hops" to this IPA. Since the hops have not been dried before
use, they add a wonderful character found in no other beer.
A hop lovers dream.

Barry said...

Interesting....I've never considered this as a harvest ale..and never particularly liked it. Maybe another try is in order.

Chris Ferguson said...

Maybe it didn't used to be?

Barry said...

Not sure Chris. I'm not sure why I haven't dug their beers more. The last Hop jUICE I had was a disappointment. Maybe we should drink some together :)

Chris Ferguson said...

Agreed.