
I've been burned enough over the years that my expectations for any Indiana beer are so low that not even Hermes Conrad and Barbados Slim could limbo under them (if you don't get this reference, you are officially lame - a hint/interesting fact: Barbados Slim is the only person with an Olympic medal in both Limbo and Sex). That made today's beer all the more amazing and memorable.
Brugge Brasserie's Tripel De Ripple is perhaps the best Tripel I've ever had. There is almost no yeasty grossness, and the overwhelming flavor is a smooth buttery sweetness that is fantastic. I had the exact flavor in my mind but couldn't quite place it until I remembered the buttered popcorn flavor of Jelly Belly jelly beans, and that is exactly what this beer tastes like. That might sound gross, but it isn't. Also a hint of honey and/or caramel. Bravo Brugge Brasserie. You have achieved an
A for this beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment