Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Toast to All the Bullshit


Avery's Ale to the Chief is a shout out to these blowhards that don't answer the questions asked and continually repeat themselves. To you gentlemen!

Here are some musings: Avery's big beers, as a whole, are very alcohol heavy in taste. Though I only had one bottle, the Maharaja IIPA was like drinking gasoline and grass clippings. Very unimpressive. Chris's drainpour posting was also an Avery. My high hopes for this beer are slightly tempered now as well. A citrus based hop pale ale is overriden by that unpleasant taste of astringency (to answer your previous question Pete: astringent is a taste of gas and vodka in my mind). It is also inconsistent, with some sips shining through and others being overpowered. Inconsistent and a bit of a letdown, much like our political system and candidates.

B -

P.S. I would really like the opportunity to drink another AleSmith IPA

P.P.S Any other thoughts on breweries that don't deliver on expectations?

3 comments:

피터 said...

I had to drain pour the debate.

An Alesmith is in my cupboard and an Alesmith clone is in my other cupboard. Bottling on Friday.

milwaukeeclassic said...

We'll share an AleSmith YuleSmith that I've been saving soon...way better than the AleSmith IPA in my opinion.

Barry said...

Sold Milwaukee Classic! I can contribute to a beer share as well.

Pete, are you coming to Halfstravaganza on Nov. 1?