Avery Anniversary Ale 14. This is very tasty. It took me a few sips to place the style, but I'm pretty sure this is an American Strong Ale. It is very similar tasting to a Left Hand Chainsaw or an Arrogant Bastard... for some reason I associate this with fresh sawdust, but I don't know if anyone else thinks that, or if that was a subliminal thought from the name "chainsaw." I think I like it just as much of either of these, which I love, so that means I love this too. There were a few more on the shelf (this is the 2007 anniversary) so I'll try to get a few to stash away if anyone wants to try it, although as I recall I was the only one who liked Chainsaw, so this may not be necessary. It has a slight fruity tinge which makes it have some Belgian dark strong flavor also, but this is more of a hidden hint than a main flavor.
Grade: A
No comments:
Post a Comment