Last night I had a fairly indescribable Belgian from Brugge Brasserie in Indianapolis. The restaurant has been around but they are newly available in bottle form. This was The Black. The flavor and style are hard to put your finger on. It's a dark, strong belgian and has the following characteristics...the fruity, plum like flavor of something like a unibroue... a slight sour, almost lambic-y or maybe Trippel-nes... and then finally it has some essence of something like a dry stout. Lots going on but balanced in a cool way. I liked it.
Solid B+
In other exciting news, I found a new beer store in town today. The beer section is kind of tiny-maybe the size of my guitar room/office here, but there is no waste-it's all fantastic imports and craft stuff. Not a Bud or Miller to be found. One wall is all Belgians that I'd only seen in Duane's blog entries before. Lots of other good stuff too-I'll be going back for sure. The cool thing way the difference between what they have and what Big Red has-not much overlap. First entries from the visit will follow after dinner tonight.
1 comment:
I'm jealous. The beer choices in Bloomington vastly outmatch mine in State College. I've been itching for good Belgian beer lately.
Post a Comment