Sunday, September 7, 2008

Barryborth IPA

I've been saving this one for a few weeks. Barryborth IPA. Great job on this one Mr. Walsh...the quality of homebrewing around here is really pretty stellar-makes me feel like I should get off my duff and start making something too.

Great IPA flavor - hoppy and and a little bitter, but in a good way. Kind of watery (or maybe soft is a better word) mouthfeel, again in a good way. Not real malty, so it's more in the west coast IPA family that Barry seems to love.

I think the closest comparison I've found lately is this one: Central Waters Glacial Trail IPA. Hope Barry doesn't take that as an insult if he doesn't like the Glacial (I like it alot). I'd actually say I think the Barryborth is a little more flavorful and refined.

Barryborth: A-
Central Waters: B+

P.S....Go Bungles

2 comments:

Barry said...

Cheers again!

Can't wait to get you a new brew when ready.

I haven't had the Glacial yet. It's now on the list.

Chris Ferguson said...

It actually also has some similarities with my next review that's currently cheering me up after the Bungle debacle...Double Dead Guy. Stay tuned.