
In honor of IU, we'll call this the Battle for the Old Oaken Bucket:

First up:
Brew Dog Paradox Islay (Batch 9) Stout Aged in Whiskey Barrels. Descriptions... the most exact flavor I can describe here is the strong, very unpleasent taste of celery. Also tastes a bit like grass or tree bark. Texture is thin like a milk stout, and sweet but sweet in an unpleasant Splenda kind of way. I wonder how much of this is the beer and how much is the difference between British Isles whisky and Kentucky Bourbon? Bottom line, I wouldn't drink this again if you bought one for me. D minus.
(Did we have one of these at beer fest? If so, was it this bad?)

Luckily, on the same beer run, I found an
Oak Yeti from Great Divide. Haven't had this outside the brewpub so I was psyched. Didn't disappoint. This is definately still in my top 5 Stouts, and probably top 10 beers. I love it. Lots of vanilla flavor coming out in the Oak version vs. the regular. Makes it sweeter but doesn't sacrifice the balancing body and is still a thick, glass-coating brew. Awesome. A++
1 comment:
I want to try this beer.
Chris, let's drink one together...sooner rather than later.
Post a Comment