Friday, September 26, 2008

Brown IPA Debuts


With no carbonation to speak of. Hmmmm.....is this bad after two weeks in the bottle?

7 comments:

피터 said...

How much sugar/dme did you use to carbonate? What's the temperature where the bottles are carbonating?

Barry said...

cool temp - basement

1/2 cup I believe

피터 said...

1/2 cup will make for a soft carbonation, which I prefer.

Cool temperature is probably the culprit. Bring it upstairs for about a weekend.

My friend Matt has the same issue and the beer always eventually carbonates just fine.

Barry said...

It's in a closet though, so it's probably room temp.

피터 said...

You could bring a few bottles up to the kitchen and see if it helps them carbonate.

Barry said...

I'm going to give it three weeks in the bottle (this Thurs) for a second go 'round. After some research I've discovered some beers take longer due to type and alcohol. The approx abv is 6.5 %, so I'm being patient. If no luck by this Thurs, I'll strategically start moving bottles.

Barry said...

I should add that carbonation bubbles are evident along sides of the glass, but there was little/no head on the pour