So I bottled three different batches today. The picture shows the Java Porter. It smells like coffee and chocolate brownies and a little Nugget hops. Earlier I bottled my Nugget Pale Ale and then later, the Single Malt Whisky, Triple Malt Porter. I also blended the Java and Whisky into a couple of bottles. I would have bottled the Pilsner too, but I ran out of bottles. The Nugget PA batch was ruby red.The Java Porter smells good enough that I've already made a yeast starter to make another batch tomorrow. I broke my hydrometer today.
Of all the homebrews I've made the porters and stouts come out best. I resolve to make more imperial stouts and porters.
Here is the current Sposborth reserve list:
Imperial India Pale Ale
Oaked Imperial India Pale
Nugget India Pale Ale
Chocolate Biscuit Porter
Rebellious Rye Ale
Belgian Pale
Java Porter
Single Malt Whisky, Triple Malt Porter
Scottish Breakfast Blend (Java/Whisky)
Pilsner (coming soon)
Pumpkin Ale (coming soon)
Barry I read that Furious is brewed using Golden Promise barley. I'm going to try to replicate it. Do you know the O.G./F.G. for Furious? How is your Hoppy Brown?
5 comments:
Why don't you stop f'-in around, move back to Madison along with Chris, we'll grab Duane, and we could all take over the world?
P.S. The hoppy brown is still a work in progress; it's just coming into it's own after four weeks in the bottle.
I think we should all open a brew-pub on the east side of downtown in the monroe-street ish area by the stadium where the beer supply is somewhat more lacking. If anyone has a spare couple of hundred thousand to get us on our feet we'll be all set.
I wish I was in town for the Game today. Go Lions!
Also I am brewing right now. Huzzah!
And I'm drinking too, but just to free up some bottles for the Pilsner.
And finally I will not be making Pilsner again; it takes too freakin' long.
Chris. AGREED. Move now..today!
Post a Comment