Friday, October 31, 2008

Darkness Eve, Part Deux

After a pit stop at the Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, we made a trip to Stub and Herb's, a campus bar. They were having a ton of imperial stouts on tap and I was meeting some douchy beer people for the purposes of doing in person beer trades.

First on tap...
Leinie's Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout - Yeah, you got that right, Leinie's. I've never seen this around Madison before and evidently it isn't made any more, but it was tasty. A-

Big Sky Ivan the Terrible Imperial Stout
- Not great, but not bad. A solid stout, but a little thin bodied. B+

Bells Hell Hath No Fury
- meh, fake Belgian B-

Surly Oak Aged Cynic
- I tried to like it, but I didn't. I like very few Saisons. C+

Surly Coffee Bender
- I had this beer at the Great Taste of the Midwest and I didn't like it. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking. This is a great coffee brown ale. Everything comes together perfectly. A

Surly Darkness
- Later in the night, they busted out a keg of the 2008 Darkness. It was a fucking steal at $6.50 for a full 16 oz pint pour. This beer was worth the trip...it is so sweet though, it might put off some people...but not me A+


3 comments:

Barry said...

Explain the Darkness to me?

Also, Big Sky from Montana?

milwaukeeclassic said...

Yes, Big Sky from Montana...and if you are patient, you might be able to explain it for yourself tomorrow :)

Barry said...

so solid