Monday, October 27, 2008

Deal of the century?

That's what I was hoping for when I saw this...bourbon barrel imperial stout bomber for $4? Sign me up. Sadly, you get what you pay for with the Browning's BBIS. There are some odd flavors here: A) Wateriness...in an amazingly inconsistent way where one sip will taste like tap water, and the next sip will be flavorful. Very odd.
B) Coffee grounds...note I didn't say "coffee flavor." This tastes like the flavor of a mouthful of grounds at the bottom of a cup (not the gritty texture, but the actual flavor), and also comes inconsistently about every 3rd or 4th sip
C) The very first flavor on the tongue is like a good russian imperial, but it fades almost instantly
D) Virtually no bourbon flavor, although there is a very nice vanilla-bourbon smell. This only serves to disappoint because it smells so good and tastes so bland.

Final verdict: A disappointing showing from the Louisville brewery. I'll give it a grade of C- which was all the more disappointing because I was really craving a good stout tonight.

ps... please note our new "label cloud" on the left panel of the blog, thanks to Katie's newfound handiness with HTLM coding.

1 comment:

피터 said...

Sounds pretty bad.