Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Goose Island


Goose Island Matilda. This had all the things I dislike in a Belgian and not really any of the things I love. I'm going to call this a Tripel, although I'm not sure that's quite accurate. It has the sour, yeasty, and (it's worst sin) bananna-y flavor that I hate without the buttery-ness I love. The Tripel de Ripel I rated earlier last week, for instance, is a perfect example of what I like, whereas this is more like a Victory Golden Monkey, which I hated. Not my thing, although I think it is consistent with the style, and Duane and Pete might like it. I don't... my grade is a C+

4 comments:

Barry said...

I like Matilda

Chris Ferguson said...

I didn't think it was bad so much as just not something I like

피터 said...

So you're saying Duane and I like crappy beers and therefore are terrible?

Barry said...

Chris, damnit, just come up for Halfstravaganza and drink beer with me!