Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Harvests


Last night I had two more Harvests...first, the Founder's Entry: Harvest Ale. This was very hoppy, but also very good. Lots of bitter piney citrus flavor. I could have gone for a little more balance, but it was still an excellent beer. I'm not sure where it fits in the ordering of fresh hop beers I've had lately...probably somewhere in the middle. I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite of the style. I have 3 more in the fridge though, so we'll see if it grows on me.
Grade: B+

The second entry is a bit of a repeat, but it's in bottles this time instead of draft. I got a 6 pack of Two Brothers Heavy Handed. The bottles aren't as good as what I had on tap, so Barry I can see why you didn't like it too much. It has an acidy, leaky battery tinge to it that sort of reduces the enjoyment level. I didn't like it as much as the first time, but still liked it as much as the Founders...a little more maltiness and a little less bitter hoppiness which I was a fan of. Katie liked this one a lot. It's a darker beer than the Founders, which may have been why I initially thought it was an imperial when I had it in the bar. I'll give it the same score:
Grade: B+

1 comment:

Barry said...

I remember being disappointed by the hops....it was more malty...I will review the Founders soon as well