Thursday, October 30, 2008

Orval Redenbacher

Katie and I went to a new place that just opened (The "Dunn Inn" which is cleverly named from it's location on Dunn St.) Overall, the experience was a bit of a letdown, as everything was overpriced and the beer selection was superficially good, but in actuality kind of poser-ish. They had a couple locals (Upland Wheat and BBC Pale), some british stuff like cider and Sammy Smith, some german stuff like Spaten and Warstiener, and some belgian stuff like Chimay, Duval, etc. It wasn't Bud and Bud light, but it was also pretty standard fare, by my new beer snobish standards. Oh well. I got an Orval Trappist Ale, which was actually really good. It also came in a ridiculously mamoth goblet that probably weighted 2 lbs and was about 3/4's of an inch thick - a definite 2-hander. Overall, this was a good beer that I would drink again, but probably not if I could find something a little more interesting. I'll give it a Grade of B+

1 comment:

피터 said...

Looks like a bowling pin.