What a difference a day makes. Tonight I'm trying the oak chip version of the IIPA. I would love to get a second opinion on this one. The flavors are more varied - vanilla, bourbon and oak. The hops are not overwhelming like in yesterday's IIPA. Tonight's beer is a little colder too and I think that is a big help.I'm as happy with the oak chipper as I was disappointed with the 'plain' IIPA. Next time I'll add a little more crystal malt and try to improve the hue. I would probably scale down the oak chips slightly next time. The oak chips soaking in whiskey should do a lot of good in the Stout I just made.
There is a little lacing. A good swirl brings out about a half inch of white foam.
I'm doing it; I'll give it an A for taste.
2 comments:
Do I spy a new mandolin? Solid.
That's right.
Btw, mandolin is surprisingly easy.
Post a Comment