
Katie and I went to Upland last night to try a new Imperial IPA. It is amazingly well named as "
Bad Penny IIPA" because that's exactly what it tastes like. To me, it's a cross between a heavily circulated penny and some mild battery acid. I did not like it. I even left half a glass on the table when we left, although in full disclosure that was half of my second glass. I think this would fall under Barry's favorite word "astringent." To be fair, it actually reminded me A LOT of Dreadnaught, so it could be that you guys who like that would like this one. For me, as Dreadnaught is my least favorite IIPA I've ever had, it did not make a good role model for this one, but I think that is pretty clearly what they were shooting for.
C-
Katie had an Octoberfest that was pretty good
.
PS...another negative was the 50,000 mosquitos on the patio. How about investing in some citronella Upland?
7 comments:
Dreadnaught it darn good. Plus it's named after a guitar. What's not to love?
Chris.......NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drednaught is FANTASTIC!
Pete, is correct. We need to talk soon, this can't stand!
Dreadnaught was my favorite ipa from SBF.
It was similarly my *least* favorite. There is no malt balance. I need the malt.
By the way... it's "a lot", and not "alot". But more importantly Dreadnaught is AWESOME.
I fixed it for you mister blog spelling patrol. I'm recording a song tonight...will send it to you if it comes out.
I'm starting to build a very dangerous longing for a really nice acoustic by the way (I like your Alvarez but kind of want something... more? I guess like you did with your Larivee. If only a D-18 wasn't $2000. Perhaps new strings will tide me over...these are pretty ancient)
I too want a really good acoustic... But I'll wait until I get a good job. Martin OM-28 or a Gibson J-45.
Post a Comment