Friday, October 31, 2008

YIKES!

Well, the new IPA is in the primary fermenter, though there is no fermentation yet. In changing my first IPA recipe, I added another half pound of pale malt and another pound of pale malt extracts. Result: it is very dark. In addition, the beer has been bombarded with three different hops varieties, with a predominant emphasis on juicy, citrus fruits. It may change the world.

10 comments:

milwaukeeclassic said...

As I enjoy a Devil Over a Barrel, I'm not thinking about IPAs at all (although I've had a Hop Whore and a Furious tonight)

Barry said...

Do you agree that furious is better than the whore?

I'm drinking home brews so far

Chris Ferguson said...

The only thing close to Furious is Hopslam. "All others pale", as it were.

milwaukeeclassic said...

The point is that...
Devil over a Barrel is vastly superior to Hop Whore, Hopslam, Furious, etc...

Barry said...

It's very different and therefore a tough comparison. I do dig the Devil alot though.

As an aside, my love of Hopslam has diminished as of late. I find Furious to be superior.

milwaukeeclassic said...

That Minneapolis Town Hall Fresh Hop is going to be big pimpin' tomorrow.

Barry said...

I am excited as hell about that beer!

milwaukeeclassic said...

I agree that Furious is much better than Hopslam.

Chris Ferguson said...

You're both saying this because you haven't had a Hopslam lately. I'm going to buy it by the case in Feb when the next batch comes out, and make a fort to live in out of the boxes.

Barry said...

Chris, I have three or four of them and had one last week. I truly think Furious is better.