This is a VERY sweet, syrupy stout and obviously another ridiculously high abv stout. The alcohol is actually much less noticeable in this than in yesterday's Mephistopheles. There are two main flavors here...the first is a kind of "jello pudding pop" flavor, if I'm not the only one who knows what that is...kind of a malty ice cream flavor. The other is an undercurrent of fruitiness...kind of raisin-y. I've realized that a large portion of beers I've liked lately, either stouts or strong belgians have had a raisin flavor, and started wondering tonight if I should give the dogfish Raison or Raison'de'Extra another shot? Anyone had one since that time we first tried one a few years ago? I'm curious if I'd actually appreciate it now? May give it a go next time I hit the store. Katie thought this was one of the worst things she'd ever tasted, which made me start to think that maybe I would have thought that too a few years ago before starting to develop the taste.
Bottom line, loved it. This is another winner for me (the dogfish ratio stays at about 50/50 great/terrible...looking forward to finding a Theobroma next sometime soon) A I think I'll give it an A, with no plus. I'd be happy to drink as much as anyone put in front of me.
1 comment:
Duane and I got to try this one at the Bell's event before the Great Taste. It was good.
I wish there was another Great Taste... tomorrow.
Post a Comment