Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bring on the Shorts

Short's The Woodmaster - This one is a high gravity brown ale fermented with maple syrup and toasted pecans. The nose is pure maple syrup and a little bit of pecan. The alcohol taste is pretty high. The taste is not as sweet as the nose, but it has a good double brown ale base. This is one of the many Short's Imperial Series Beers that I brought back from Short's. More on Short's later.

A-

5 comments:

피터 said...

I've been thinking about brewing with maple syrup. Do the pecans match well? What else would match up well with maple syrup?

Maybe cara-malt and smoked malt?

피터 said...

Also, you could sell that photograph to Short's. Well composed.

milwaukeeclassic said...

The pecan do match up well. I've always like sausage and maple syrup. You should try sausages.

피터 said...

Maybe smoked malt?

피터 said...

Oh I already said that.....