Sunday, September 7, 2008

Double Dead Guy...aka, the beer named after Marvin Lewis

Rogue Double Dead Guy. Ok, so this was the sort of bottle you just don't pass up when you see it in the store. Anything bright red with pirate skulls on it might as well have my name on it.

Can't seem to find a straight answer on the style for this one...seems to described as anything from a Brown, to an American Strong, to a Dopplebock-to be honest, I don't really know the difference between those anyway.

Very sweet and malty as the initial flavor with a really strong bitter hop finish that sticks with you.

Wasn't crazy about it on the first few sips, but it's really growing on me. Pretty solid. I'd say B+

ps...on another Rogue note, I thought Duane would be excited by this: Captain Sig's Deadliest Ale

6 comments:

Barry said...

I've heard it's a double Dopplebock, since that's what Dead Guy is.

What similarities did you find with Barryborth?

Bungles are way bad huh? Don't feel too bad yet, the Bears have yet to play.

Chris Ferguson said...

the finishing hop flavor was very barryborth-ish, but the initial flavor was much sweeter & maltier. I liked the -borth better.

Chris Ferguson said...

The bengals were late 90's bad. Unbelievably bad. There didn't seem to be a single positive, other than that there weren't many injuries

Barry said...

solid

Barry said...

Do you have a Captain beer?

Chris Ferguson said...

No Cap'n Sig here, but I'll keep my eye out.