Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's a Doggy-Dog World

Flying Dog Double Dog:
This is one of my new favorite Double IPAs. Definitely the best bargain of the readily available options here...I had this and the Goose Island one back to back and found them to be very similar, with the Flying dog a little hoppier and more bitter, but just barely. Best of all, the flying dog is $7/4pk while the Goose is $18/4pk. Given the choice, I recommend the cheaper option here. I think this is the new leader for me in what I'll call the "semi-everday IIPA fridge stocker" category which also includes 90 minute and Ruination as contenders. I think Ruination has gotten too expensive here for it to be seriously considered. If I could get Furious here, that would also be included, although I have no idea how expensive that is. Later this week watch for a Flying dog/90 min faceoff for the crown.
Grade: A

3 comments:

Barry said...

Furious is about 9.50 a four packet for pint cans.

Chris Ferguson said...

I wonder how much longer it's gonna be before they start having a wider distribution. I would buy vast amounts of it.

피터 said...

Double Dog. Very nice.