4 beers to report on over the last couple of days.
First up a Belgian showdown.

#1:
Gulden Draak Belgian Dark Strong Ale. I got this partly on Buck's recommendation and partly because I had a box from a make-you-own pack a few weeks ago that had a mouth watering picture of it on it which had been calling me for awhile. Glad I tried it...it's more my speed of Belgian...strong, dark, and sweet. Not the best I've ever had but very solid. B+

#2:
Augustijn Ale Tripel. I got this because the beer stocking guy at Big Red saw me looking at the Gulden Draak and told me that this was on sale and I should try it. He scares me so I followed his advice. I shouldn't have-not really a fan. I've decided I don't really usually like Tripels. I prefer my Belgians to be even numbered I guess. The average one seems to be too yeasty and dry and not sweet enough for me. There have been exceptions that I do like, but this wasn't one. This was a C- for me.

#3:
De Dolle Ara Bier. The less said about this one the better. I hated it. Tart, sour, dry, generally unpleasant. To me this is exactly what I imagine a bottle of urine left in the sun for awhile would taste like. Different from the lambic we had this summer, but a step in that direction. I made it about halfway through this one, then committed an international drain pour. Duane and those others of you that are more adventurous with your European beer sampling might like this but it's not for me. I do like the picture I took though.
Suck minus.

#4:
Mikkellar All others Pale APA. This was just ok. I had it after a double dog IIPA, so it might not have been a fair time to compare it. Follows in the general trend of Mikkellar's for me of "meh". I'd say this was about a C+/B-
Now you're caught up for my last couple of days. Tune in again soon for some cool new finds including a new Bell's Belgian!
3 comments:
I particularly enjoyed your drain pour post; I chuckled frequently.
It just occurred to me that you could have made four posts instead of one and thereby increased your posting total. But you didn't.
I also think I've forgotten to label my posts, which is why I am so far behind. But maybe not.
When I notice, I label yours for you. Thus, you are just simply not drinking enough.
Post a Comment