Sunday, September 14, 2008

WOW!


In keeping with the recent stellar ratings, I drank a bomber of Flosmoor Stations's Brewer's Whim IPA at the Map Room in Chicago this weekend. I truly can't remember the last time I had a beer both this flavorful and this completely relentless. Beer pours to a thick, sticky dark orange that allows no light to pass through. This may also be the best smelling IPA I've ever experienced, bettering the hard-to-beat smell of Furious. Taste is increadibly vibrant and fresh, initial hops are orange rinds, watermelon, and grassy pine. As the beer hits the back of the tongue, unrelenting bittering hops leave a tingling and numbness along the entire palate. Body is thick, finish is LONG and bitter leaving lockjaw on multiple occasions. Label says this is an IPA, but it tastes so complex and delicious that it smacks more of a double without leaving the fogginess of many big beers. Any absolute dream of a beer.

A+

2 comments:

milwaukeeclassic said...

This is the Ahtanumous IPA. It is the same one we had at the draft in a growler. and it is outstanding.

Barry said...

I thought this was the same one. Can it be purchased outside of the brewery? If not Duane, I smell a road trip. Maybe we could all meet up?