Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beer Magazines


For airplane reading, I went through a few beer magazines this week and thought I'd share my findings. The big winner: "All about Beer" magazine. This was a fun read and good enough that I would actually consider subscribing. I learned a lot and generally agreed with their reviews. Of note: a discussion of oak and the use of barrels vs. wood chips. Barry and Pete, we need to discuss getting some bourbon oak chips for your next homebrew projects.

A close second: "Draft" magazine. This had a little more flash and a little less substance but was still pretty good. Bonus points awarded for having John O'Hurley (ie: Mr. Peterman) on the cover.

The big loser: "Beer" magazine. Truly awful. This one is written to the audience of 19 year old frat guys who have just discovered Busch and Naty light. There was nothing redeeming about this one.

3 comments:

피터 said...

Did you see 'Brew' magazine? (I have a subscription....)

피터 said...

I like the 'Beer meets Cheese' byline.

milwaukeeclassic said...

Naty light is my next review.