Thursday, April 24, 2008

Expedited



Thought I'd give this one a new try after Duane's recent review a week or so ago. Bell's Expedition Stout. First impressions... kind of mild taste for an imperial and no overpowering alcohol taste. Also a smokey hint. Complaints... I wish it were a little less sweet/molasses-ish. Pretty solid, but not my favorite Imp Stout so far, which would probably be Yeti or Stone. 3.4/5

4 comments:

milwaukeeclassic said...

I think your IPA infatuation has clouded your judgment. I just had another Expedition Stout today and it is outstanding...

Chris Ferguson said...

I think your stout infatuation has clouded your judgment.

Barry said...

OOOhhhhhh, judgment stand-off. Has anyone noticed how expensive Bells beers have become? At Woodman's today many of their beers, including the Double Cream Stout were 12 bills. That's a few bucks more than last year.

P.S. I would like to try this beer.

Chris Ferguson said...

I'll get a couple at the store this week. They also have an Imperial Pilsner I've been tempted by but it's like $5 for a 12oz which has made me hesitant.