Thursday, April 10, 2008

Denver Day 1: Sobriety = minimal


My apologies to Pete for a week of Colorado beer-heavy reviews. You don't know what you're missing. The Falling Rock Tap House is amazing. About half a block from the Rockies' stadium, this is beer nirvana. Over 75 craft beers on tap, and probably twice that in the bottle. On the walls are 2500 different beer bottles all supposedly drunk by the owner (who also supposedly drinks draft beer 90% of the time...you do the math on how many beers he's had)
I was a little overwhelmed here, especially at first when there was no where to sit and I was left standing around drinking a beer by myself. I was uncomfortable to say the least.
Beer #1: Odell IPA on draft. 2007 Gold Medal IPA. This was a REALLY good IPA. Super Hoppy, I would imagine this as a total Walsh special, but in a way that all of us would enjoy. One of my favorite IPA's ever. Wow. I'm going to look for more Odell's.
4.5/5

No comments: