Monday, April 28, 2008

Belgian round-up

The Belgian Beer fest was fantastic. The quality of beer was topped only by the quality of the company. I think we all enjoyed ourselves, and perhpas a little too much.

Of all the Belgians I tried, the Cantillon was my favorite. My next favorite was an Abbaye Des Roche Triple. The other 40 or so beers I tasted (!) were good too - it's hard to rate a bunch of incredible beers; none were bad, but others were better. I'll add, Milwaukee Classic knows what he is talking about. MC's picks were always the best of each individual round between the three of us.

We also had some really outstanding rounds (before and) after the beer fest. The Hoppin' Frog's B.O.R.I.S. and Mikeller are off the charts. And by that I mean at least as good as good as Hopslam, perhaps better.

If only by MC's selection, Beer Fest will feature some outstanding brews. I hope my home brewed Honey IPA will register on the charts.

5 comments:

Chris Ferguson said...

This is more like it. Glad to hear a good time was had by all. Am also lamenting my absence. I will drown my tears in a trip tomorrow to replenish the fridge and lay in supplies for June.

milwaukeeclassic said...

The Sposborth Honey IPA did make it back home unscathed. The waiting for it to carbonate may not fare as well.

피터 said...

The SHIPA should be ready to consume by Saturday. I'll try one on Saturday and let you know if it's carbonated or not.

'Twas a great weekend.

There will be a bigger, more beertacular Beer Festival in July. And I heard on Thursday that flights from Indy to State College are $150!

Chris Ferguson said...

Solid!

Barry said...

Whole lotta MC love going down...that's sweet