Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Saturday's Beers in State College

I might add some pics once I can figure out how to get them off my phone.

By my count, there were 39 different beers consumed by Pete, Neil and I.

Belgian Beer Fest:
Here were my choices:

Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru - 9.5% ABV - Great Belgian Strong Ale - 4.5/5
Abbaye des Rocs Triple Imperiale - 10% ABV - Unique Dark Tripel - 4.6/5
Achel Brune - 8% ABV - Decent Trappist Brew - 4/5
Cantillon Iris - 5% ABV - Absolute unique Lambic. Guaranteed to taste like no other beer you have ever had. 4.3/5
De Dolle Arabier - 8% ABV - Good Belgian Blonde Ale - 3.9/5
De Dolle Dulle Teve - 10% ABV - Outstanding Tripel - 4.4/5
De Dolle Oerbier - 9% ABV - This is one of my favorites - 4.7/5
De Dolle Stille Nacht - 12% ABV - A little too alcoholly, but still a good winter beer - 4.1/5
Duchesse de Bourgogne - 6.2% ABV - A boring Sour Ale - 3.3/5
Gouden Carolus Classic - 8.5 % ABV - Another great strong ale - 4.3/5
Moinette Artisanal - 7.5 % ABV - A good saison, not my favorite style though. 3.9/5
Orval - 6.2% ABV - The most unique of the Trappist beers. It has some lambic funk to it that is great 4.3/5
St. Bernardus 12 -10.5% ABV - Another one of my favorites - 4.6/5
Struise Pannepøt - 10% ABV - Great Strong Ale, lots of anise flavor 4.4/5
Unibroue Terrible -10.5% ABV - I hadn't had this before, so I figured I'd try it. It is quite good. Maybe a little below the Trois Pistoles for me, but damn close. 4.5/5

Average ABV = 8.72%
Average Rating = 4.25/5

Damn good weekend. More to follow later.

1 comment:

피터 said...

That was a fun fun weekend. Can we make it again this year? I will buy your ticket. (to the beer fest.) And Buck can come.