Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hopsickle....the end of a trilogy


Hmmmm......there is a delicate balance that the best of IPA's, or their evil counterparts in the double or imperial realm, need to achieve. This is more hoppy than malty, bitter and sticky, and improves as it warms. I'm not sure why I drank the first glass cool. However, the alcohol, like the previous double in this series, is not that well hidden. This is a negative. As a Duane-dubbed hopaholic, it's very hoppy, but it needs more. I love the hops, I don't dig the astrigency that comes with the high alcohol.

3.8/5

7 comments:

피터 said...

So why the 4.2??

milwaukeeclassic said...

4.2 seems a bit high for one you don't really like.

피터 said...

Also: Weak Label.

milwaukeeclassic said...

If you stay up for a while longer, I'll post one with a sweet label.

피터 said...

Do it! (Though I may read it tomorrow.)

A final 'also': The name of this beer, 'Hopsickle,' sucks.

Barry said...

Tough crowd.

Barry said...

I stand corrected. It just didn't feel right to not dig s beer rate beer gives a 99. They love it. What a world where I give a "C" to that type of beer....all hops. This is something I will be struggling with for awhile.