Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another Spectacular Imp IPA


Another imperial IPA, another winner. This is definitely my favorite style of beer, hands down. I don't even have much desire to try anything else anymore. Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA. This was a Hopslam rival with very similar taste...in fact Katie thought that's what it was when she tasted it. The main difference was more hops flavor and no honey, so I'm guessing Barry and Duane might like it more and I'm guessing Pete will be like me and put it just behind. As a double, this truly was twice as good as the regular Crooked Tree. My only complaint is the nearly impenetrable wax top which made this the single hardest beer to open in the history of beverages. Lucky for all of you, I bought the only two in the store, and will try to save the other for June.
4.7/5


PS...I was looking at the top rated Imperial IPA's...has anyone ever seen a Russian River Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger? I'm dying to try these. Would also like to try some Pizza Port beers. There isn't much here in the way of California beers.

1 comment:

milwaukeeclassic said...

I want to try this at Beerfest.