Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Black hole sun, won't you come...


Tonight's the night to crack open my Three Floyd's Black Sun Stout. Currently warming up closer to room temp from the fridge...I will update this in a few minutes with the results. From the smell and looks, I'm cautiously optimistic, although the fiendish sun on the label is creeping me out a bit.

RESULTS: Wow, this was a very unique stout. It had the thick black oily-ness of an imperial, the sweet bourbon-y flavor of an oak barrel, and the creaminess of a milk. Crazy. At first you taste the sweet creamy flavor, and as that fades you're hit with some strong hoppy hints. A definite Floyd's brew with all the weird conflicting flavors. Took me a minute to get into it, and it definitely needs to warm up for the flavors to come out, but by the end I was a convert. This was a good beer. If I can find another I'll save one for beer fest.
4/5.

2 comments:

Barry said...

I, for one, am interested in this beer

milwaukeeclassic said...

I also want to try this.