Great Divide tap room. This was very much a "tap room" and very much NOT a "brew pub". Also kind of ghetto neighborhood...the taproom closes at 8, which I think is because leaving there buzzed after that would make you easy mugging bait. Around the corner was the local rescue mission where about 200 people seemed to be lining up for a bed when I left-rather depressing.
Back to the beer: There was kind of a homemade looking little bar in front of a giant window looking into the main brewery room and enough room for about 20 people. Not even any TV's or snacks. One thing to do here: drink good beer.
I happened to plop myself down next to a friendly local beer enthusiast and we passed the time discussing both education policy and beer. He was originally from Grand Rapids and his home bar there was Founder's. He was also well versed in Bell's and New Holland.
My beers of choice: #1 was the Hercules Double IPA that I reviewed last week. Just as good fresh out of the tap, but this batch seemed hoppier to me. Excellent. 4.2/5
Next up: Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout. Wow...this was fantastic. Maybe my favorite Imperial Stout ever. The bourbon-y oaky flavor really came out with some vanilla, coffee, chocolate flavors. Fabulous. 4.8/5.
Also purchased: the best shirt you've ever seen. This will be unveiled at beerfest.
1 comment:
I just picked up an oak aged yeti today in Chicago. And a lot more goodies. Details to follow.
Post a Comment