Before leaving on an epically long journey home (I got in at 2:45am last night...ouch. Also, Harper and Katie were unmoved by my return and just wanted to go back to sleep. Man's best friend indeed) I had one last lunch in Denver, and returned to the Falling Rock for some more unique tap beers. First item of note: It was only 2 days since my last visit, but there was an entirely new beer menu. It seems they print up a new one every few days. I would estimate this was maybe 10-20% different, which was cool, although a few of the ones I had wanted to try were now gone. D'oh!
Beer #1: New Belgium Mighty Arrow APA. This was solid...pretty hoppy for an APA and good flavor. One of the better New Belgium's I've had but not earth shattering. 3.8/5
EDIT: Thanks to Duane this has been identified as a Maredsous 8. Way to type Falling Rock Tap Room.
Final thoughts: The beers I chose on trip 2 to the falling rock were slightly less good, but I still loved the bar and highly recommend it. The only drawback was that both visits I found the waitstaff to be pretty grumpy, but they were also overworked and understaffed, so I will let it slide. I would also like to take the opportunity to slam the type of people who go to a bar like this and order a Bud light in a bottle. I'm looking at you, guy next to me. My other complaint is that the menu breaks down your choices by: Pale, Amber, and Dark and not by actual type of beer which is kind of awkward and confusing, especially since half the IPA's are in "Pale" and half are in "Amber" and because the names usually aren't very descriptive. Oh well.
2 comments:
I think you had a Maredsous 8. I agree that it is just OK.
Well done blogging out a conference turned beer run!
I enjoyed all the reviews.
Post a Comment